Friday, March 18, 2011

My Life Stages In Songs

I'd like to say that the song that represents the period of my birth is: 'Born to be Wild', by Steppenwolf
 --I know that this song has gained a reputation by pop culture as relating to the bikers, but if you actually check out the lyrics to this song, I really think it fits. Not overly deep, but I've spent my whole life looking for adventure in whatever comes my way.

General Theme of Childhood and Youth - 'I'm Just a Kid', by Simple Plan
 --Growing up as an only child, what takes place in this song happened a lot.

Song I went to when I was in despair - 'You're Not Alone', by Saosin
 --Constant reminder to myself

My friend Zachary Fargas committed suicide in my first year of university the day before my birthday, and I found out the day after my birthday in Rels class at school. I sat there and cried for an hour after class was over. - First song I thought of was 'If Everyone Cared', by Nickelback
 --This man suffered from bipolar in school and nobody knew about it until after the school asked him to leave after some incidents in grade 6. He was picked on because of that, and I used to hang out with him, but a few times I would be mean to him myself. He was super smart and challenged my abilities in mathematics. He was really a great person to be around, and even though he didn't go to my school anymore, I would see him at the public library quite often. His suicide put perspective into my life. RIP bud, I miss you.

Also a first year university song - A number of Chris Tomlin songs, but specifically 'All the Way My Saviour Leads Me'
 --With perspective back in my life, I was brought to realize that all the way my saviour leads me, and I follow. I am but a lamb with the ability to make choices, and I strive to choose to follow Jesus Christ every step of the way. I admit that I will make the wrong choices often, but I believe that my Shepherd will look for me and find me again.

When I moved to Ontario, I decided that this was my promise to myself and to others - 'Secrets', by OneRepublic
 --I'm gonna give all my secrets away. I don't want to hide things about myself from people unless it has to do with someone else. If you ask, I will answer.

My future song, hopefully one day...soon? haha - 'Lucky', by Jason Mraz
 --Obvious reasons I think?

No comments:

Post a Comment